Well, it was Tennessee for me twice in 10 days. I'm feeling a bit spoiled! Jay and I headed to Chattanooga on Friday for a FamilyLife marriage conference. We had been to one the year before we were married. I think it's safe to say we should have been to one in the meantime! :) But, with a newfound desire to ditch the rearview mirror, I must report - we had a great time. The format had changed for the better, the speakers had impact, and the message was clear. In addition to great material and tools to help us be better spouses to one another, we had a chance to take in a bit of the city. In a year and a half of living in TN, we had never visited Chattanooga - we only drove thru it on our way home to Florida or home to Murfreesboro. Saturday night was date night. So, we hurried back to our hotel room and joyfully witnessed the last half of the "Stomp the Mess Out of Spurrier and the Gamecocks" show starring Urban Meyer, Tim Tebow, Percy Harvin, and the rest of the Gators. Awesome! Go Gators! Beat Alabama! Miami-Bound! Anyway...back to the whole improving the marriage thing! :) We spruced ourselves up and headed to a nice dinner at Bluewater. The duck spring rolls were delicious! I wouldn't recommend the seared tuna (really...who orders tuna that far from the water???). However, Jay's filet was mouthwatering. Thank goodness we'd had a session on sharing :) Then we headed next door to shoot some pool. We hadn't done that in ages and had a pretty good time, although I'm not much of a challenge in that department. Sunday was a nice finish to the weekend. We had a couple wrap-up sessions in the morning, and headed out. It was a great weekend. We plan on going again this spring and inviting some special friends & family. We feel refreshed about a lot of things and I definitely felt God's presence. Making it work is an uphill battle. I've always known it, but only a few weeks ago - I wasn't battling anymore. For the first time, I'd lost hope. I'm grateful to my husband. He didn't quit. He didn't give up. It was his turn to carry the weight and he did. Now it's back to the grind to test some new approaches...all prayers appreciated and still requested! Blessings to all...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment